Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Beatrice the Bookworm Bead


Beatrice is my little bookworm
who loves nothing more than to read her books. She always has her nose in one book or another. Beatrice has her little pink book opened up to her favorite chapter -- she's even got a bookmark to mark it so she can always open it up and go right to her favorite spot. She's a bead creation that I've been making for a while and I just love her!

The entire bookworm bead is hand-sculpted from polymer clay. The book has a 'bookmark' with a little round bead charm that has a heart center that hangs down from the bookmark. There is also a floral sticker on the outside of her book, you know like all the kids do.

The approximate size of the bead is:
1" top to bottom
3/4" side to side

The bead is pierced vertically from top of head to bottom of bookworm.

The bead would be great to create something special for a teacher or a student.

3 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

It'd be great for me, too! She's adorable!

Daisy said...

That is really, really cute! I love the colors, too.

dreameyce said...

Oh my! My heart skipped a beat from the CUTE! Adorable!

Afghan Hound Cameo

Afghan Hound Cameo
Afghan Hound etched into clay and set in brass setting

Greyhound in Profile Etched Pendant

Greyhound in Profile Etched Pendant
Greyhound in Profile Etched Pendant

Greyhound

Greyhound
Etched in Pink

I-Love-Dogs

Dog, Dogs, Canine Wonderland! - Discover all you could ever want to know about dogs, get lots of free dog stuff, and interact with dog owners from around the world in our informative dog forums at I-Love-Dogs.com!