Thursday, February 12, 2009

Artfull Bras Project

My aunt sent me this information about these handmade bras and I absolutely fell in love with them and wanted to share them with my readers. These bras were made for the Artfull Bras Project which consists of members of a group called the Quilters of South Carolina who have created one-of-a-kind bras for Breast Cancer Awareness.

Love and Peace, Liz Florom


Look at them Melons, Bev Buchanan


Trick or Treat, Judy Twitty


Support your Favorite Boob, Kathy Hauser


Carolyn's Garden, Sue Spillane


Hooters, Sherry Sadler


Sports Bra, Angela Faulkenberry


Monkey Business, Anita Bowen

The exhibit tours South Carolina until October 2009 where at the end the bras will be auctioned off and the proceeds donated to the Best Chance Network, a program that provides care and treatment to uninsured women across the state who have been diagnosed with breast and ovarian cancer. All I have to say is the members of 'Quilters of South Carolina' -- you rock!

2 comments:

Betty Refour said...

what a great idea for a wonderful cause

Anonymous said...

What a riot! I can't decide which one I like best! The 'Support your favorite boob' made me LOL but they are all great! Some people are just plain fun!

Afghan Hound Cameo

Afghan Hound Cameo
Afghan Hound etched into clay and set in brass setting

Greyhound in Profile Etched Pendant

Greyhound in Profile Etched Pendant
Greyhound in Profile Etched Pendant

Greyhound

Greyhound
Etched in Pink

I-Love-Dogs

Dog, Dogs, Canine Wonderland! - Discover all you could ever want to know about dogs, get lots of free dog stuff, and interact with dog owners from around the world in our informative dog forums at I-Love-Dogs.com!