Monday, December 15, 2008

World of Warcraft Request


Okay, so I think I mentioned I was making my nephews their Christmas presents this year instead of buying them something. My youngest nephew wanted this sword that he says has something to do with World of Warcraft, which I know absolutely nothing about other than the fact that every time I visit my sister's house he's always on the computer playing it. Anyhow, it's another piece that I'm not used to doing, don't these boys know I like cute? I guess cute is just not something teenage boys are interested in, no sugar and spice here.

But I do have one question I was thinking about putting a varnish on it, but kinda like it without and I'm afraid once I put it on there's no going back. Only problem is if it's not varnished it will be much harder to keep clean s0 that's my quesion varnish or no varnish?


Photo I had to work from and the finished piece

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does look pretty amazing.
Considering it's a present for a boy, I'd say varnish it. :)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

No clue about the varnish. I just needed to tell you it's awesome work.

Afghan Hound Cameo

Afghan Hound Cameo
Afghan Hound etched into clay and set in brass setting

Greyhound in Profile Etched Pendant

Greyhound in Profile Etched Pendant
Greyhound in Profile Etched Pendant

Greyhound

Greyhound
Etched in Pink

I-Love-Dogs

Dog, Dogs, Canine Wonderland! - Discover all you could ever want to know about dogs, get lots of free dog stuff, and interact with dog owners from around the world in our informative dog forums at I-Love-Dogs.com!