Monday, May 26, 2008

Interview with feltangel



I would like to introduce everyone to Gunilla of feltangel,
a fellow Etsy member and member of our Dogs and Art Flickr Group.
Gunilla makes some of the most adorable needlefelt doggies!
Please stay for a moment and get to know a bit about Gunilla,
feltangel and her craft.

1) Tell us your name.
My name is Gunilla Rehn and I live in Stockholm, Sweden.

2) What breed of dog do you have?
Unfortunately I have never had a dog.
Members
of my family were allergic to animals and now I live in the center
of Stockholm which isn't a very suitable environment to dogs. But I have
always loved dogs and I´m a volunteer doggy walker at a dog shelter in

Stockholm, which actually celebrates 100 years on May 17.

3) Any favorite dog stories you'd like to share with us?
As a doggy walker
at the dog shelter you take a dog out
for a walk in the forest and give it some special time. 1 1/2 year
ago one of the dogs (a dachhound) suddenly stopped in
front of me and made me fall so bad that I broke my ankle
at 3 spots. I had to go by ambulance to the ER and had
to be operated on, It took me about 5 months to get rid of
the crutches!


4) What kind of art do you create, i.e., paintings, plushies,
photography, sculpture?
I needlefelt dogs of different breeds. It gives me so much joy and
pleasure and they almost become alive to me, since they all have their
own personality.


5) Is your main focus on dog art and if so, what made you choose
the dog as your main subject for creating this type of art?
I also do wetfelting and needelefelt other things like angels,
but the dogs are so dear to me
and I tend to come back to
them all the time.

6) Do you create or make anything other type of art/craft that's
not dog related?
As I said I also wetfelt and needlefelt other thing, and I also knit
and do embroidery.


7) If you sell your artwork, where can we find your pieces for sale?
I have an Etsy shop, feltangel, but no items for sale right now, since
I´m producing for a big show in August.

I also sell some items on my website UllochKrull.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! What great art! Those little felt angels look so real!

DZFANTASY said...

This is some of the best felt art I have seen!! How adorable and realistic!!

DZ

Afghan Hound Cameo

Afghan Hound Cameo
Afghan Hound etched into clay and set in brass setting

Greyhound in Profile Etched Pendant

Greyhound in Profile Etched Pendant
Greyhound in Profile Etched Pendant

Greyhound

Greyhound
Etched in Pink

I-Love-Dogs

Dog, Dogs, Canine Wonderland! - Discover all you could ever want to know about dogs, get lots of free dog stuff, and interact with dog owners from around the world in our informative dog forums at I-Love-Dogs.com!