Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Work In Progress


So while I am at the log home I am always looking for something to do because there's no phone and no computer out there and I have to keep myself busy somehow. The house is still a work in progress so there's not much for me to do with dust and work tools all around -- my husband is very busy, but there's not much for me to do until the decorating part comes in whenever that might be. So in the meantime I look for projects and here are two of them. I decided to bring my clay up there and covered a few switch plates. Here's one that has been stamped and painted and put up already. And then there's the stair railing. My husband put up the 4x4's and the rail, but I painstakingly shaved every one of those twigs -- it took me about two years and it's almost finished. Here's how it looks so far.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG that is beautiful! I love your log home - way better than my old one. And the light switch plate is soo crafty. I never would have thought of that!

TOPolk said...

Wow...this look like it took a lot of time and a lot of dedication. Very nice. Very, VERY nice.

Afghan Hound Cameo

Afghan Hound Cameo
Afghan Hound etched into clay and set in brass setting

Greyhound in Profile Etched Pendant

Greyhound in Profile Etched Pendant
Greyhound in Profile Etched Pendant

Greyhound

Greyhound
Etched in Pink

I-Love-Dogs

Dog, Dogs, Canine Wonderland! - Discover all you could ever want to know about dogs, get lots of free dog stuff, and interact with dog owners from around the world in our informative dog forums at I-Love-Dogs.com!