Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Vivid Crystal, Art and Family


I'd like everyone to meet Crystal of Vivid Crystal who I met through my Flickr group Dogs and Art and since have come to find out that she's opened up a shop on Etsy. So a very big welcome to Crystal for joining in the Etsy neighborhood. Not only is Crystal a huge animal lover, but she's also a great wood burning artist. She has many wonderful signs that she creates and looking through her photos it was hard to pick just one -- as was it hard to pick just one of her pet photos -- they were all so adorable! I hope you'll stay for a moment and get to know Crystal the artist behind Vivid Crystal, meet her pets and get to know a bit about her art.

1) Tell us your name.
Crystal aka Vivid Crystal

2) What breed of dog do you have? Five Pitbulls.

3) How long have you had your dog/s and how did they come
to be your dog? Four years is the oldest in our pack. We got our first one when the last of our 2 senior Shepherds passed away at the age of 15 (we had had them since puppies). The last dog to join the pack was on his way to the Edmonton S.P.C.A if we didn't take him. I don't even know if they would have placed him up for adoption, as he has the beginnings of hip dysplasia.

4) Do you find that you've come to favor a certain breed of dog and if so, what are their unique characteristics that you've found to be so wonderful? I love all breeds of dogs, but I do side towards my Bullies. I find they are extremely emotionally intuned with their owners. They are loyal, loving, and just so willing to please. If you want to be a couch potato, they're happy to cuddle and be lazy, but if your active and love to do outdoor things, they can definitely keep up. The breed is also extremely smart and easy to train.

5) Any favorite stories you'd like to share with us about about your dog? I have many. But the latest is when I got a bunch of huge beef bones from the butchers. I just scatter them around the yard and let the dogs have at . Anyways, the chickens thought the bones should be theirs to eat, so here would be these little chickens chasing the big Ol' bad Pitbulls away from the bones.

6) Are there any other pets in the home other than dogs? Oh yes :) !!!!! Where do I start. Three cats (plus a new litter of kittens) thanks to Skittles a cat I rescued, that is blind in one eye due to being left with an untreated abscess. She came to us pregnant. Three ferrets , one of which was a rescue, and another that came to us due to the owner no longer being able to care for him. A chinchilla, a corn snake , two red eared slider turtles, two African Greys (1 Timeh and 1 Congo), five horses (two rescued from the meat man) & chickens :) We did have two skunks that we rescued last year, but we released them in the spring.

7) What kind of art do you create, i.e., paintings, plushies, photography, sculpture? Custom made plaques, using the art of Pyrography (wood burning).

8) Is your main focus on dog art and if so, what made you choose the dog as your main subject for creating this type of art? Yes and no, even though my main focus is not dog art, that is mainly what I get custom orders for. Which suits me fine, as I am a avid dog lover :)

9) Do you create or make anything other type of art/craft that's not dog related? Yes, I've done many signs that are people related memorials, as well as various other types.

10) If you sell your artwork, where can we find your pieces for sale? I recently opened up an Etsy shop Vivid Crystal Wood Signs, but my website, Vivid Crystal Wood Signs, is the main place I sell my pieces, located at http://www.vividcrystal.biz.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG those ferrets it the bunny hats are the cutest/funniest things I have ever seen!

Daisy said...

I was also just going to say that the little ferret bunny ears are adorable!

Sushi said...

So many cute things here! I have yet to check this ETSY thing in more detail. You are a great artist! Thanks for having me here!

Afghan Hound Cameo

Afghan Hound Cameo
Afghan Hound etched into clay and set in brass setting

Greyhound in Profile Etched Pendant

Greyhound in Profile Etched Pendant
Greyhound in Profile Etched Pendant

Greyhound

Greyhound
Etched in Pink

I-Love-Dogs

Dog, Dogs, Canine Wonderland! - Discover all you could ever want to know about dogs, get lots of free dog stuff, and interact with dog owners from around the world in our informative dog forums at I-Love-Dogs.com!