Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back to School


I remember my first day of school, walking in and being very nervous, watching and waiting and hoping someone would come up to me and talk to me. It was an anxious time hoping to meet new friends, but what I remember ever so clearly was that we all seemed to look alike. You see I went to a Catholic school and we had to wear uniforms. Now this can get to be quite a problem come gym time. And here's why, the gals and I used to toss our clothes on and off without a care as to what garment was ours and so I got to thinking how useful it would’ve been to have labels on those uniforms marking that they were mine because when we had gym class we had to take off our uniform and put on our gym uniform and although we did have lockers somehow things always got mixed up. Now this was something, as a child, I never noticed, but when I got home my mother sure knew. I remember one time I came home and my mom said, this isn’t your shirt and I was like, uh, yes it is and she was like, uh, no, it’s not. So I’m pretty sure my mother would’ve loved to have the DYMO Label Maker. I'm sure she would've found it very useful to have been able to put labels on our uniforms, both our everyday uniforms and our gym uniforms to mark that they were mine.


Now fast forward to today and my nephews, it would be great to use the color labels on their books, book bags, notebooks and pencil cases. I think these would be great for their CD players, their MP3 players and all the other gadgets these kids like to carry around.

For me today, though, as an adult and always doing something with arts and crafts, I would love these labels to clearly mark my craft supplies. I have most of my craft supplies stashed away neatly in plastic containers, but because they’re not labeled I still have to pull them out to see what’s in them. It would be nice to have them all neatly labeled -- what better way to use the DYMO Label Maker. There are endless uses for these labels and there are so many options to choose from -- the labels can be practical to fun and funky. Talking about it makes me realize it’s time to get organized!

No comments:

Afghan Hound Cameo

Afghan Hound Cameo
Afghan Hound etched into clay and set in brass setting

Greyhound in Profile Etched Pendant

Greyhound in Profile Etched Pendant
Greyhound in Profile Etched Pendant

Greyhound

Greyhound
Etched in Pink

I-Love-Dogs

Dog, Dogs, Canine Wonderland! - Discover all you could ever want to know about dogs, get lots of free dog stuff, and interact with dog owners from around the world in our informative dog forums at I-Love-Dogs.com!